Rights Respecting School
St Mary Magdalene is a Rights Respecting School.
Following an accreditation visit by UNCIEF UK in January 2022, we have been awarded Silver: Rights Aware.
The award means that in our school community there is evidence that:
- We are explicitly embedding the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child in our policy, practice and culture.
- We are promoting knowledge and understanding of the Convention throughout our school community.
- We are putting into action and developing the plans outlined in our Action Plan for the Silver Award.
- We are beginning to see the positive impact of these actions on children and young people, staff, and on the school’s ethos, practice and environment.
- Children and young people are beginning to see themselves as rights respecting global citizens and advocates for fairness and children’s rights, both locally and globally.
Our Rights Respecting School Report can be found below: